Wednesday, December 2

BLOGMAS #2: THE CHRISTMAS TAG

The Christmas Tag - Christmas Decorations
What better way to start the Christmas season by answer a few fun questions about it? I feel like tags are always a nice way to start a new season or festive holiday and I have to admit Christmas is by far my favourite!

  • What is your favourite Christmas film? I do love most Christmas films but there’s one that represents my Christmas and everyone else around me. Every single year, Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York are on national TV around this time of the year and everyone knows that from that cosy Sunday when Home Alone goes on TV it’s officially Christmas time. Honestly I don’t remember a year that I haven’t watched this film and even though most people are sick of it, I still laugh and watch it whenever it’s on TV. 

  • Have you ever had a white Christmas? No! How sad is that? I think the last time it proper snowed around here my mum was still a kid. I do remember when I was younger still some tiny snow-y flakes falling but it was only for two minutes and you couldn’t even see it on the floor. I really wish we could have some snow this year which honestly doesn’t seem impossible because I don’t think I’ve ever felt so cold in my life as I’ve been feeling this year!

  • What is your favourite Christmas song? This is probably the hardest question. I absolutely love Christmas songs and I have to admit I was already listening to some at the end of October which seems really bad but I promise it was only a day or two! I think Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Holly Jolly Christmas sung by Michael BublĂ© are my favourite!

  • Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? Since I was a kid I had always opened the presents are midnight and I think most people here do it that way but last here I wanted to change it a bit and follow an even older traditions that is opening the presents in the morning of Christmas Day. I did open my parents’ presents on Christmas Eve because I was with them obviously and I opened my boyfriend’s and best friend’s presents on Christmas Day. It honestly made me feel so much more excited about waking up the next morning and also made me feel that Christmas lasts a lot longer which is amazing because a lot of people don’t really care about Christmas Day and that annoys me a bit because I love it!

  • What holiday traditions are you looking for the most this year? Wrapping presents, decorating my tree and house and helping preparing all the food and sweets! Last year we played Bingo and it was so much fun, I hope you can do it again this year!

  • What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat? Portugal has so many amazing foods and traditional sweets but I honestly can’t give an answer that isn’t Gingerbread Cake. My mom does the most wonderful Gingerbread Cake (she follows a Nigella Lawson’s recipe) and I could eat it all by myself. I love it so much. Now I want a bit.

  • Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? I think I do love giving just a little bit more than I love receiving. Honestly I just love the exchange of presents! I love buying things that I believe people will like and I love it even more when people actually do like it. I do really like being surprised as well!

  • What is the best Christmas gift you've ever received? The one I think I was most exciting about was two nenuco twin dolls with a trolley baby. I asked my mom those dolls for months and I never thought I'd get it! I opened the present on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day I got up really early so that I could play with them! It was one of the best Christmas ever.

  • Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? I can say I am in the middle of both! I can do it all myself but sometimes I have to improvise because it just doesn't work how it was supposed to be. My mom always gives a little help if it’s actually getting a bit bad!

  • What made you realise the truth about Santa? I don't know if I ever really believed in Santa but I know that one Christmas I found where my parents used to hide my presents and I just said "I know it's not Santa". Besides, I knew that he could never go through the chimney because that was way too tight for Santa!

These are all the questions I thought were more fun and that could get you in the Christmas spirit if you aren’t already! Let me know some of your answers to these questions so that I can know a little bit more about your traditions!

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment