Sunday, December 20

BLOGMAS #20: AFFORDABLE CHRISTMAS EVE MAKEUP

Christmas is the time to take time with your makeup and be even more beautiful! I wanted to create a look that would be simple to make and most of all affordable as not everyone can afford expensive and luxurious products. None of the products used were more than 10€ except for one: the lipstick *cheeky face*

I’m not a person that used foundation everyday but whenever a special day like Christmas comes around, a little more of coverage is always welcome. I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser concealer under my eyes and the Catrice All Matt Plus Foundation and applied both with a beauty sponge for a flawless look. This is a matte foundation that last all day long. It was the one I used for prom and it did not disappointed me! To set everything in place I used the Essence Mattifying Compact Powder in 10 Light Beige that helps control the oiliness and adds a bit more coverage. To complete the face I used the Essence Bronzing Compact Powder to warm up my face and the Catrice Multi Matt Blush in 10 Love, Rosie to give my cheeks a bit of colour.

For the eyes I wanted to do a gold shimmery look and I used the Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Shade Eyeshadow Palette in Flawless. First, I applied Uncover all over my eyelid to create a light coloured base. Then I applied Angel in inner third of my eye to make it more opened and applied in the inner part of the lower lash line. I applied Gold Digger from the outside to inside until where Angel had been applied. Now the key part: I blended everything together with the Makeup Revolution E103 brush. To give my eyes some dimension and more depth I applied Burgundy Nights on my lower lash line. To complete the eyes, I used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara on my top lashes and the Seventeen Falsifeye HD mascara on my bottom lashes. I filled in my eyebrows with a brow pencil from Essence (very inexpensive and efficient).

I lined my lips with the Essence Lip Liner in 15 Honey Berry. To finish the look I chose Diva from Mac because it’s a beautiful bold colour and my favourite at the moment! Mac’s lipsticks aren’t the priciest ones but they’re not the cheapest either so you want to recreate this look but can’t afford a Mac lipstick or don’t have a red lipstick, my advice is getting the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in the shade 107!

What do you think about this look? Will you be doing something similar for Christmas Eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment