Friday, December 11

BLOGMAS #11: THE CHRISTMAS BEAUTY EDIT

When Christmas comes everyone wants to feel special, wear special clothes, wear golden eyeshadow, bold lips and cute nails and have a pamper routine every now and then. I’ve chosen some of my favourite products and colours to wear at this time of the year and hopefully you’ll feel a little bit more festive!


Most of these products you can use whenever you want. Even on Summer if you wish so but I do really like to use them at this time of the year and I never regret it. If you’ve been around for a while, you’ll know I’m a lover of lipsticks especially reds so the colder seasons are obviously my favourite times of the year. I’ve been obsessed with the Mac Lipstick in Diva (matte) which is the most gorgeous shade I’ve ever seen in my life. An alternative to this one is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matt Lipstick by Kate Moss in 107 that has a slightly different shade but gives you the same festive look. The formula of both is quite similar but the Mac one lasts longer!

Some recent additions to my lip collection were the Essence Lip Liners in 14 Femme Fatale and 15 Honey Berry. The number 14 is a classic red and the number 15 is more of a purple-y shade that is lovely for those of you who are not into red lipsticks!

For nails I think reds (Essence Colour & Go in 169 A Hint of Love) and glitter (Claire’s Glitter nail polish) are a must. This year I want to explore a bit more and I think that the Astra Italian Romantic Colours nail polish in 62 is a gorgeous shade.

Eyes. Who doesn’t love a golden eyeshadow at this time of the year? I know I do! My most recent purchase when it comes to eyes was the Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Shade Eyeshadow Palette in Flawless that has some gorgeous golden, bronze-y and shimmer eyeshadows. I do really like the Kiko Long Lasting Eyeshadow Stick in 37 Burgundy. Go swatch it if you haven’t already. You need to fall in love with it! A little kit that I love using is the H&M Trio Eyeshadow as the golden eyeshadow isn’t as intense so it’s perfect for everyday wear (I don’t know if you’ll still be able to find this as H&M as relaunched their makeup recently)! Not a lover of golden? Try the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24Hour Cream Eyeshadow in Pink Gold!

The Catrice Multi Matt Blush in 10 Love, Rosie! has been my favourite since I got it and I do think it’s the perfect blush for this season as it’s very subtle.

Something I always like to do at this time of the year is using some lovely shower products and the Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Show Gel smells incredibly. Honestly it’s quit yummy haha 

Which are your favourite products for this season? I want to know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment