Tuesday, July 21

MY HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE


High School is seen by some as the most amazing time of their lives and for others as the worst. I've officially finished high school a week ago and I wanted to share with you my opinion about it and my experience as it might be similar to yours or it might help you someway.

Before going to high school I was damn scared. Every teacher was telling me it was very difficult and when I planned to choose Sciences and Technologies one of my teachers told mea it was probably not the best choice and that I wouldn't be able to keep up.
❤️‍ First lesson: If that's what you want, do it and try to prove them wrong. If you hit your head, change direction and try something else.
I decided to do it anyway and I regreted it for a while after two months. I wasn't feeling good on the class I was, I wasn't connecting with my colleagues and my teachers and my grades were not being what I expected. Around Christmas holiday I knew I would have to work my ass off to get what I wanted and I couldn't care about my colleges and teachers anymore because I was the one who needed to study. I worked so hard and I finally reached some of my goals. I was so proud of myself and so tired when the year was finished that I had the best Summer holidays ever. It was lovely. During that year (10th grade) I met my boyfriend and one of my best friends. I lost some friendships but I am happy with my life right now.
❤️‍ Second lesson: If it didn't work, it wasn't meant to be. Move on and be happy.
11th grade was probably the worst of the three years of high school. I had two final exams that year and everyone seemed to be going crazy at the time. The classes were so tiring and I know I could've get better grades at those exams but I couldn't have done any better at the time. I was so exhausted. I didn't want to do anything, I didn't want to talk to anyone. I was just not feeling good with all the pressure. It was one of the worst years for me so far and I was so upset with myself at the time because I felt as I had failled even though I know many people would have loved to have my grades but it wasn't what I wanted.
❤️‍ Third lesson: Feel proud of yourself as long as you know you did the best you could. You're not a failure.
When I started the last year back in September I was so nervous because I had changed class and all my friends were in another one. Everything went well. I didn't build a strong connection with anyone but I did integrate quite well with everyone. I loved the classes and even though sometimes it was hard to keep up with everything, I think it was the easiest year of all. I did much better this year on exams and I finally felt like my hard work paid off.

Through these three years I've seen of everything. People that rarely open up their books and have great grades. People who work their ass off and never get there. People that don't care at all. I know school isn't for everyone and I know that someone's grades doesn't define them at all. Some of the best people I've ever met in school don't have excellent grades and I don't think they're less than anyone else because of that.

How was your high school experience? Did you enjoy it? I had some great moments and some bad ones just like everything in life I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment