Friday, February 27

ALL ABOUT EYELINER

Eyeliner has become a massive trend over the years and there's infinite different looks you can do with eyeliner but it's not easy for everyone to achieve perfection when it comes to one of the most popular looks, if not the most popular of all, the winged eyeliner. (this is not a tutorial in any way)

When I started to use makeup there was so many different options that I just didn't know which way to go and nowadays the scenario is no different.

There's three big categories: pencil eyeliners, liquid eyeliners and compact eyeliners. Then you have manual pencils (those that need to be sharpened every now and then) and automatic pencils, both are used in a similar way and I think these are the best option if you're going for a smokey eye as these are easy to blend or if you want to line your waterline.
When it comes to liquid eyeliner you can chose between felt tip eyeliners or liquid eyeliners (those who come with a brush inside) and in the compact eyeliners category you have gel eyeliners and eyeshadows. I think that all of these are great for looks that involve a more steady hand and a clean finish like winged eyeliner.
My favorite of all are felt tip eyeliners because I can work really well with them. I can do a very thin line and then thicken that up if I want to. Liquid eyeliners itself never worked with me because I feel like the brush won't help me get a clean line and the truth is I never do. Many people prefer to work with gel eyeliner and a wing liner brush and for those who are brave enough there's eyeshadows in different colors that you can line your eyes with (eyeshadows are usually easier to work if they're wet).

If you were never able to achieve the perfect winged liner, try different products and different techniques because you're different from everyone else. I think it's easier to work with felt tip liners but you might not have the same experience. Eyeliner is all about practice and finding the right product for you. Practice different techniques on those days when you won't even be leaving the house, with no pressure. I've been doing winged eyeliner for four years now and I can't say it's perfect all the time but it's much better than what it was in the beginning. Don't give up!

What do you think about eyeliner? What's your favorite type? Do you wear eyeliner on a daily basis? 

No comments:

Post a Comment