Tuesday, September 9

Things That Make Me Feel Better


Today was a bit of a rough day for me and I was feeling really sad. I knew I couldn't allow myself to continue feeling like that, especially because I had visits at home. Whenever I'm feeling down there are a few things that make me feel better & I thought it would be a good opportunity to share with you my little tricks.

Cry.
I know it may sound a bit weird but crying really helps me because when there's something worrying me or upsetting me, crying always makes me feel like I have less weight on my shoulders. I feel more relaxed after that and more willing to smile. Today it was one of those days. I was holding myself not to cry for too long and felt like I was about to explode. After a few minutes of a good cry, I felt way more calm and I realized that I had no reason to be in such mood.

Be with someone you like.
When you're feeling down being with someone that is trying to cheer you up by telling you a bunch of things you can do may stress you even more and make you feel more anxious. Avoid that. Usually I call my boyfriend because he's really good on calming me down. He never says "Don't cry" or "You can always do that thing" or something like that. All I need is to talk to someone or to be with someone that makes me feel safe and lets me know that will support me and my decisions. When someone offers me their help instead of telling me what to do, I feel much better and feel like I'm not alone in the world.

Drink something.
Usually drinking makes you control your breath & that always helps with anxiety. It doesn't really matter what your drinking but how you do it. Get a full glass of water (f.e) and drinking it calmly. 

Get some fresh air.
Being inside always makes me more anxious because I feel like I have no place to go, so whenever I'm feeling down, I go out and sit somewhere to get my head clean of thoughts. I try to rationally think about life and understand that whatever is going around it's not the end of the world and sooner or later everything will be fine.

Listen to music.
Such and old advice and such a great advice. Music seems to have a power among everyone in the world and when it comes to calm us down there's no difference. You don't have to listen to ballads or anything like that because to me it does nothing if I don't like it. I usually listen to any music on my mobile because I know I like it and it will cheer me up.

These are a few things I do when I need to make myself feel better, what little tricks do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment